Yep, it fits, purlins and all:
Tomorrow I’ll get more nails for it and fix it on properly.
Ex-leper Alms for an ex-leper. Spare a talent for an old ex-leper?
Mandy Buzz off.
Ex-leper Spare a talent for an old ex-leper?
Mandy A talent? That's more than he earns in a month!
Ex-leper Half a talent then?
Mandy Now go away!
Ex-leper Come on big nose, let's haggle!
Ex-leper All right, cut the haggling. Say you open at one shekel, I start at two thousand, we close about eighteenhundred.
I'm sure that you know the rest.
The Coniston Fells rematch has had to be postponed due to my lack of confidence that my back will stay the course. It's a great disappointment on several levels, not least because I was hoping to take Ella with me for her first wildie. MWIS predicts that the weather's going to be really good over the weekend, so it would have been a great opportunity to introduce her to a couple of days and nights without most of the techno-trappings of life as she knows it.
Never mind, there'll be plenty of other chances.
It looks like I'll be taking it easy and finishing the observatory roof and the bathroom refurb instead.
There's no peace for the wicked, eh?
Another "WTF?", this one is brought to you from Freeview:
OK, we now have the beginnings of a roof, thanks to the help provided by Ella during the last two days:
Tomorrow we'll see if it fits.
OK, I know it looks pretty much the same as the old one, but this one's easier to adapt and seems to be loading a lot faster. Just in case you're wondering, the theme is Mike Little's Journalized Theme Version 2, with a skin that I've copied and hacked to get the colours and placements that I wanted.
There are still a few minor changes to be done before it looks and acts as planned, but I'll have to sort them tomorrow. The "to do" list includes:
For now it should all be working fine, but if there are any serious glitches, I'm sure you'll let me know.
Those of you who've been annoyed with the slow loading of this blog should fare better soon - I reckon I've found the cause, and I'm taking measures to rectify the situation.
Just give me a day or so and we'll see if the fix works.
Construction of the observatory continues apace, mainly due to a complete disregard for the useless instructions included with the parts. Phase 5 is now complete:
The sides were double-proofed inside and out before assembly, and the few gaps have been filled with mastic. The walls are now up, square and level, cross-braced where required and fixed with many more than the recommended number of screws. The instructions said to put the walls onto the floor panels, but that's just mad - if ever the flooring had to come up, the walls would have to be taken down first, which would mean taking the roof off (if fitted). Commonsense said to put the walls directly onto the floor-frame (see previous post) and then fit the floor inside.
The supplied 9mm OSB floor-sections were dismantled and their boards, along with the 9mm OSB roof-boards, were used to line the inside of the walls.
A proper 18mm "waterproof" T&G chipboard panel floor was fitted, complete with a lift-out section surrounding the pier to allow easy access to the fixing malarkey and the concrete foundation beneath it.
The coming week should see the completion of Phase 6 - the fitting of the roof, which should be a masterpiece of timber over-engineering.
Time will tell.